“Experience Bridge Street” was a campaign centered around increasing awareness and engagement among Generation Z students on the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University during COVID-19.
The campaign served as the baseline and blueprint needed to grow awareness and raise engagement. Extensive primary and secondary research was conducted to further develop objectives, strategies, and tactics.
“Bridge Street Market is a 37,000-square-foot grocery store in Grand Rapids, built with gorgeous, Michigan-specific elements, like reclaimed wood from farms in Hart, Emmett, and Ludington, and historic neighborhood brick. Bridge Street Market opened its doors in 2018 as the first small-format market opened by Meijer.” —www.bridgestreetmarket.com
Problem & Barriers
- Connecting with Gen Z students at Grand Valley State University
- Location/incorrect assumption of prices
Key Research Findings
- 87% of survey respondents indicated positive sentiment based on photos
- 64% value locally sourced food
- 13% have shopped at Bridge Street Market before
- Gen-Z shoppers are more likely to purchase from a brand that is vocal
A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis was conducted to better understand Bridge Street Market and brainstorm potential solutions.
Fresh, afforable, local food with over 4,000 products available.
Affiliated with Meijer
Location and misconception of prices with stock limitations.
Creating a YouTube channel to educate the target audience with volunteer opportunities.
Similar naming to that of ‘Downtown Market’ and increasing competition.
Student commute with Meijer near Standale
Big Idea:‘Experience Bridge Street’
- Increase awareness among target audience across media by May 2022.
- Increase engagement among target audiences across digital channels by May 2022.
- Increase engagement across target audiences through virtual experiences by May 2022.
Tactics & Solutions
- Website Update – Updating Bridge Street Market’s website with fresh content will encourage users to engage with the brand.
- Create BSM Blog – Blogging allows for solidified SEO and practical application of company values.
- Augmented Reality Kit – Create an interactive shopping experience with Shipt integration and various touchpoints.